The National Assembly of Conscientious Objectors
The National Assembly of Conscientious Objectors (ANOOC) is a network of organizations and groups of different regions of Colombia who, with a nonviolent approach, promote conscientious objection against all – legal and illegal – armed groups.
One of the main concerns of the National Assembly has been the recruitment problem and the constant militarization of civil life by the different actors involved in Colombia’s armed conflict. That’s the reason why we decided on the following lines of action:
- Mutual strengthening of different groups of conscientious objection by exchanging experiences and spaces for training.
- National coordination of direct nonviolent action and public acts.
- Accompaniment and permanent communication between the different groups on conscientious objection.
- Construction of a national and international solidarity network for conscientious objectors.
Presently, the National Assembly of Conscientious Objectors includes the following groups:
- Red Juvenil Paz Caribe
- Colectivo Objetarte Cali
- Red Juvenil Medellín
- Acción Colectiva de Objetores y Objetoras de Conciencia Bogota
- Movimiento Juvenil Artesanos
- Concejo Municipal de Juventudes Puerto Caicedo – Putumayo
- Corporación Colombia Joven Villa Rica – Cauca
- Servicio Paz y Justicia Barranquilla
- Asociación Juvenil y Estudiantil Regional Aruaca
- Movimiento de Objetores y Objetoras Quinto Mandamiento Barrancabermeja
- Movimiento Juvenil Álvaro Úlce Cauca
- Kasimba Cali
- FUNSAREP Cartagena
More information is available at: www.objecioncolombia.org