Call for submissions: War and covid-19
In recent months, states around the world have had to respond to the unprecedented challenge of the covid-19 pandemic. In the next edition of The Broken Rifle, we want to explore the militarised aspects of this response, for example:
- how have militarised practises been used to enforce lockdowns?
- how has the discourse been militarised?
- have armed forces used the pandemic as "cover" to extend their powers or reach?
- how do our movements respond and change to this new context?
If you would like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you! Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Contributing to Broken Rifle". Our deadline for initial submissions is 6th July.
A few practical details:
- The Broken Rifle is the regular magazine of War Resisters' International, published three times a year
- We look for contributions from around the world, with a different theme focus for each edition
- Each article is normally around 1,200 words
- Articles are normally translated into Spanish, French and German
- We can accept contributions in a range of languages - let us know if you would like to write in a language other than English and we can normally arrange translation
- You can see a guide to writing for WRI's publications here: https://wri-irg.org/en/Writing-for-WRI