On 26 September 2014, students from the Ayotzinapa college in Guerrero, Mexico were attacked by local police, leaving a toll of six dead. A further 43 students disappeared that night, and have not been seen since.
September 26th marked the fifth anniversary since the disappearance of the 43 students of the rural teacher-training school of Ayotzinapa.
These were some of the solidarity events around the world:
- September 26th, 4pm, from The Angel of Independence to the Zócalo - Protest march: 5 años por verdad, justicia y con vida.
- September 26th, 6pm , Obelisco CABA - Where are they? Act for memory, truth and justice
- September 28th, 6pm , Espacio para la memoria Virrey Ceballo 630 - Documentary "The omission"
- September 26th, 8pm, In front of Atocha Station on Plaza emperador Carlos V street - Demonstration Ayotzinapa 5 years: Madrid doesn't forget.
- September 25th, 6pm, Sala Mirador CCCB - Memorial act: Ayotzinapa 5 years of struggle for truth and justice.
- September 26th, 6pm, Luxembourg square - Demonstration: Ayotzinapa 5 years "Yo con la verdad".
- September 26th, 10 am - 5 p.m and September 27th, 9am - 1pm, University of Glasgow Chaplaincy - Ayotzinapa Mexico's missing students: An exhibition by Jan Nimmo
- September 26th, 6pm, Embassy of Mexico - Gathering for the 43, the 40.000, #NiUnaMás and the National Indegenous Congress and Demonstration Ayotzinapa 5 years on: We Want Them Back Alive!