This year, WRI's Council will be held as an electronic meeting. In the agenda (below), you'll see topics such as the links between extractive industries and armed conflict, an exchange on the place of nonviolence in training and the contemporary challenges that face antimilitarists and pacifists.
Unlike in previous eCouncils, this agenda includes not only forum or email discussions, but also webinars, video contributions, conference calls, forums and an online 'café' space. We want to ensure this eCouncil is as interesting and engaging as possible through this variety of formats, but ultimately the dynamism of the meeting will of course come from us all — the participants.
- Read information on how to get involved in the eCouncil here: invitation letter
- See the agenda here: http://www.wri-irg.org/eCouncil2013Info
- See the agenda as a pdf http://wri-irg.org/system/files/eCouncilFinalAgenda2013.pdf
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be involved
- 2pm UTC time:
"Extractive Industries, State Violence & Nonviolent Struggle for Right to Life & Livelihood"
- Presenter: Anand Mazgaonkar of the Mozda Collective in Gujarat, India.
- View the recording of the webinar: http://wri-irg.org/node/22435
- 5 pm UTC time:
"Extractivismo y militarismo en America Latina"
- Presentador: Rafael Uzcategui, miembro del Consejo de la IRG.
- 5 pm UTC time:
"Why be nonviolent? Why call it nonviolence?"
- Presenter: Brian Martin, Scholar and nonviolent activist, Australia.
- View the recording of the webinar: http://wri-irg.org/node/22471
Here's more information about our Council.
All times listed below, and in the agenda generally, are in UTC time. You can use this website to find out which time your time zone is in relation to UTC: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx
Forum discussions and decisions
Anyone is welcome to join our webinars, listed below.
If you are unable to join at the time, you will be able to access recodings of the webinars that will be made available on this website soon afterwards.
Joining conference calls
WRI's Queer Working Group (Wednesday 25th September. 5.00pm UTC) and Women's Working Group (Sunday 22nd September, 1.30pm UTC) will each hold a conference call during the eCouncil. See agenda for more information on their content. To participate in these calls, please contact email@example.com.