Programme info: speakers and workshops
We are looking forward to contributions from
- Jasmin Galace (Center for Peace Education-Miriam College, Philippines)
- Wook-Sik Cheong (Peace Network, Republic of Korea)
- Sarah Shehabi (Bahrain Watch, Britain)
- Andrew Feinstein (writer of 'The Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade', Britain and South Africa)
- Tara Tabassi (National Organiser for War Resisters League, USA)
- Lexys Rendón (Laboratorio de Paz, Venezuela)
- Jordi Rufanges (Centro Delàs, Catalonia)
- Rosa Moiwend (PASIFIKA, West Papua)
as well as speakers from the hosts World Without War (Republic of Korea) and War Resisters' International.
- Using direct action against war profiteers lead by Mohannad Darabee from the International Solidarity Movement in Palestine and Bokhee from Jeju Island
- Researching war profiteers lead by Wendela de Vries of Stop Waffenhandel
- Strategic campaigning lead by Sarah Waldron and Sarah Reader from Campaign Against Arms Trade
- Using legal mechanisms to challenge war profiteering: focusing on the South Sudan arms embargo lead by Moses Monday John of the Organization for Nonviolence and Development
- Constructive programmes lead by Hülya Üçpinar (Nonviolent Education and Research Centre) and Subhash Kattel (HDNP, Nepal)
Participants can volunteer to lead a campaigns clinic, where you can share your campaign and hear constructive feedback. Find out more here.
Confirmed campaigns clinics include on land reform movements in Nepal, the Coalition of Women for Peace in Israel, Aktion Aufschrei in Germany, and the People's Solidarity for People's Democracy on their campaign on military spending in Korea.
More information on WRI's 'Stopping the War Business' seminar is available here.