ISRAEL: objector Uri Natan sentenced to 14 days in military prison again

en

Israeli conscientious objector Uri Natan (ISR14762) was sentenced to 14
days imprisonment again on 7 March 2006. Uri Natan has already spent
136 days in military prison (see co-alerts 29 November 2005,
7 October 2005,
30 September 2005).
This is his eighth consecutive prison term, since his imprisonment
began on 28 September 2005.

In a letter to Shaul Mofaz,
Israels Minister for Defence, Uri Natan wrote: “I have lived in Israel
all of my life, for 18 years. Throughout these
years I have been witnessing endless suffering around me, I have been
seeing revenge leading to revenge and more revenge. Nothing has helped
me understand the explanations and excuses that I have heard as to why
the violence perpetrated by the Israeli side is to be preferred over
that coming from the Palestinian side. The use of violence, killings,
and intended harm and humiliation cannot be justified, I believe, and I
cannot understand why it is presented as necessary. I cannot see any
advantage in the intimidation of an entire population – all I can see
is suffering heaped upon even more suffering – revenge causing revenge
causing more revenge....”.

War Resisters' International calls for letters of support to Uri Natan:

Uri Natan

Military ID 6870739

Military Postal Code 02507

IDF

Israel

War Resisters' International calls for letters of protest to the
Israeli authorities, and Israeli embassies abroad. An email letter can
be sent at /co/alerts/20060313a.html.

War Resisters' International calls for the immediate release of
conscientious objector Uri Natan, and all other imprisoned
conscientious objectors.

Andreas Speck

War Resisters' International

Addresses

Shaul Mofaz

Minister of Defence,

Ministry of Defence,

37 Kaplan st.,

Tel-Aviv 61909,

Israel

e-mail: sar@mod.gov.il or pniot@mod.gov

Fax: +972-3-696-27-57 / +972-3-691-69-40 / +972-3-691-79-15

Commander of Military Prison No 4

Military Prison No 4

Military Postal Code 02507

IDF, Israel

Fax: +972-3-957-52-76

Commander of Military Prison No 6

Military Prison No 6

Military postal number 01860,

IDF, Israel.

Fax: +972-4-869-28-84

Addresses of Israeli embassies can be found at http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/israel1.htm

Addresses of Israeli media:

Ma'ariv:

2 Karlibach st.

Tel-Aviv 67132

Israel

Fax: +972-3-561-06-14

e-mail: editor@maariv.co.il

Yedioth Aharonoth:

2 Moses st.

Tel-Aviv

Israel

Fax: +972-3-608-25-46

Ha'aretz (Hebrew):

21 Schocken st.

Tel-Aviv, 61001

Israel

Fax: +972-3-681-00-12

Ha'aretz (English edition):

21 Schocken st.

Tel-Aviv, 61001

Israel

Fax: +972-3-512-11-56

e-mail: letters@haaretz.co.il

Jerusalem Post:

P.O. Box 81

Jerusalem 91000

Israel

Fax: +972-2-538-95-27

e-mail: news@jpost.co.il or letters@jpost.co.il

Jerusalem Report:

Fax: +972-2-537-94-89

Radio (fax numbers):

Kol-Israel +972-2-531-33-15 and +972-3-694-47-09

Galei Tzahal +972-3-512-67-20

Television (fax numbers):

Channel 1 +972-2-530-15-36

Channel 2 +972-2-533-98-09